Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SWIM!!!

Yes, I said it! The kids are in swimming lessons again. They have been waiting 'forever' to get back into the pool. We took two months off for soccer which they have loved but at least once a week they would ask when they were going back to swim lessons.

We started our day off a little later that usual. I am not moving too fast with this cold and stomach ache so we did what we could. We got school done in the living room. My back was hurting for some reason. The loved sitting on the pillows and getting blankets and all cozy by the table. We got school done by 1 and got lunch...it was late I know but life happens. They kids were good sports about everything today. I realized I forgot to put the trash out when I saw the recycling truck come through. We got that out at least. So we get another week with our stinky trash. I have NEVER missed trash before so I was a little mad. We got things picked up around here and headed off to get some grocery shopping done. Timed it just right because once we got done with that then we were off to swim.

They loved every minute of swimming. You would have never known there were out of the water for two months because they picked up where they left off and were doing great. It was so cool to see. Micah did so much better for me this time. He has always done good but we have had some issues with swim lessons. But so far so good! We get to go again tomorrow since we missed our first lesson on Monday. I was not feeling well at all so I did not get them to swim. Josh came home and took Abs to soccer which was wonderful. They are so glad to be back in the water. We got them swim caps so their hair is not wet when we leave. They liked them and thought is was pretty cool they were in the water but their hair was not getting wet. To be a kid again :) The simple things just make your day!

We got home and made dinner. They had a special night with Daddy and I got to go to our homeschool moms meeting tonight. It is always such a nice break for me. I get to have wonderful conversations with some of the best women I know. We get lots of laughs and always makes my night to listen to stories and other homeschool moments. We had a blast tonight!

I came home to a very quiet house. The kids were sleeping and Josh was on the computer. I guess I should get to bed myself. We have a long day tomorrow. Micah has a Dr. apt and then we have swim, soccer practice and small group. I will take some pictures of the kids tomorrow at swim!

No comments: