Where to begin? The time has flown and we have been busy!
We left off when my mom flew out here for a week at the end of September. We had a wonderful time with her and the kids enjoyed having her here with them. We were able to go to Connor Prairie which is a living history museum not too far from our house. It was the first time that we had taken all three kids and they had a blast. Grandma Gail was exceptional at the old timer games and they all had fun looking at the farm animals. We went down to Josh's parents house so my could see where we spend a ton of time. We took her to Paducah, KY where I took her to the Nations Quilting Museum. It was amazing. The quilts in there were unbelievable and I had no idea what to expect while I was there and I was pleasantly surprised. We wanted to take her to Nashville, TN and look around but we kind of ran out of time and were afraid with the flood this summer that a lot would still not be open. So on our way to the airport then we took a peek at downtown. Next time she comes we will HAVE to go explore more. However overall we had a wonderful time with my mom.
Josh's mom and dad kept the three kiddos while I flew out to Colorado with my mom. They LOVE the time on the farm and got to do school while they were there too ;) (Thanks Carol) There cousin Annabella was able to spend a few days down there as well which they love.
I got to go to Colorado to spend some time with my best friend Sara. She had her first little one at the end of Sept. and so I got to go spend a week with them and help her out. The time of course went by way to fast. I enjoyed the one on one time I got with Sara and Alex and I got to know her husband Monte more as well which was fun. Alex is a little sweetheart and loved to be held. He is an awesome baby and Sara and Monte are quite blessed to have a perfect little guy. Aunt Michelle got to spoil him lots and I loved every minute of it :)
Karyn's family was able to come down and spend a few days while I was there which was great! I got to meet her littlest one Quentin. He turned 1 at the beginning of Oct. Spending time with Karyn's family was great! Her boys are so cute and fun. They do have a TON of energy! There is never a dull moment around those guys! I got to get to know John more as well. Sorry about the hard times I gave him ;) Karyn and I got to spend a day alone and we got a ton of shopping done and some girl time. We had lunch and dinner out and had a wonderful time together. To bad we do not live closer as we could do it more often. We went to Moab in search of red rocks and colorful trees. Well we found the red rocks (it is not hard to do) but the trees were still green so I did not get my fill of awesome autumn colors. Maybe next time. But we did have a great time and I surely enjoyed spending time with Karyn's family.
My mom's mother turned 80 in Sept so my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Max brought Grandma and Grandpa Carls up to Montrose to my Uncle John's house and had a mini family reunion there. It was great to see everyone together. I got to see Bri and her little guy...which is a little cutie. Kendra was there with her boyfriend which was great to see her and meet him. I hear a lot about everyone but now I get to put faces with everyone! Karyn's boys had a blast playing around with everyone. I got to see our younger cousin Jordan and his wife (which I have talked on facebook a few times) They are expecting their first little one next year. I got to spend some time with my Aunt Nancy and Debbie which is always fun. Kelly and Maddie where there as well. All of us cousins had a wonderful time playing catch up and goof around. The good old times! Grandma had a great birthday party and it was wonderful to see everyone!
I arrived home in the middle of Oct and was so glad to see the kids and Josh. Since then I have been fighting a cold and it has won. I still have the darn thing and here it is the end of Oct. Micah and Abs still have a cough as well but seem to be pretty good troopers. Between school, field trips, Dr. appointments, soccer practices, and swim lessons we have stayed quite busy the last part of this month.
This is all for now. I will try my best to keep this updated more. Now that I have finally caught up then I will try to stay that way.
I will post pictures later of the trip. My pictures are on my other computer...
2026 World Cup Printable Bracket
4 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment