Friday, February 4, 2011

Update on the little man...

We have been following a very strict dairy free and soy free diet with Micah. His tummy issues have gotten worse which is not what we wanted to happen. We had to give the diet time. I was giving it until his appointment next week. I have been calling the Dr.'s office every Monday to give them an update on what was going on. Well his Dr. called yesterday afternoon. He is not happy with his diet because it is not giving us the results we needed then he said we could stop it! YEAH! So we are back to his 'normal' diet. I say 'normal' because we still do not allow him some things and we still limit his sugar as much as we can. The Dr. still feels it is some how related to sugar but not sure how yet. He wants to do a colonoscopy on him as soon as we can get it scheduled. He also wants to run a few other tests but would like to see what we find out with the colonoscopy. Along with the colonoscopy he will do a small bowel study to see what he sees. He keeps referring to his small bowel so maybe that is where all his problems are. He wants to send another sample off to a special lab that specializes in this and see if they can find anything. Josh and I agreed that we will go ahead with this plan. We have known it was a possibility for a while but the Dr. and us have not wanted to do anything invasive unless it was necessary. Micah has had a very rough week with everything and the last two days have been awful. I feel like we are not getting anywhere but I know we are. At least the Dr. is now working with us. Please keep Micah in your prayers so that he is more comfortable and that we will be getting some answers with these upcoming tests.

No comments: