I am so proud of both Joel and Abbey. They finished their Awana's Books two weeks ago! (Yes, I know I am a slacker) They have worked and worked on going through their books and memorizing their verses. They finished their books at the same time. I will have to admit that when Abbey started this year I thought she would be lucky to finish her book. But she has just amazed me with her memorization this year and her love for the word and has just taken of and grown so much. She is LOVES Awana's! She has gone through half of her book of review already in two weeks which is half of her regular book! Go Abbey! Joel was sick one week so he is a little behind Abs but is chugging right a long and is excited to get done with review and move on to the extra credit. He also now has finished all three books for Sparks so he is going to be getting his Sparkies award which is what he set out to do when he was about 4. He saw it hanging on his Uncle Matthew's wall at his grandmas and said he wanted one. We have found him there looking at it many times. He is excited to be moving on to T&T next year...however that means he is just growing up too fast! Awana's is such an amazing ministry and I have seen my kids grown by leaps and bounds. I am so very proud of them and love their smiles and stories. God is so amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment