Sunday, January 16, 2011

Success!

Well we have several success's for today.


  • We accomplished a lot shopping today.
  • We had several stops to make today. One was Old Navy. I got Joel some sweat pants last week and he loved them. So we had to take a shirt back so we thought we would see what they had left. The sign said that all clearance was an extra 40% off. The kids were excited to be able to pick up a few things. I was excited because they got several things and the total came up to be about $4.17 each. Not bad for what we got. Abbey and I were there last weekend and got a few things on clearance and they had a lot of that still there and they price adjusted my receipt Saving me what we spent on lunch. 
  • I had to return a few items to Kohl's today and I really needed a new purse so I used the credit that I got there for the purchase of my purse...which was also on a great sale. 
  • I used my Best Buy gift cards and got two new Wii games. Joel was already breaking one in.
  • Went to Whole Foods and started reading labels and we found.
  • We found Cheese...Almond Cheese. We will see how he likes it. We are hoping that it works well on cheesy bread when we make pizza. Butter...Soy Free Dairy Free Butter it looks like butter, it spreads like margarine but I have not tasted it yet so we will see how Micah like it on toast tomorrow. Micah LOVES yogurt, he always has. He has been off of it for quite a while. We found Yogurt...Coconut Yogurt. I have heard a lot of great things about coconut milk so hopefully this will be just as good.  We were also successful in finding the Almond milk that the Dr. wanted him on (I even had coupons and saved $2.05 per 1/2 gallon) So overall we had a good day shopping. I learned of a lot more things that he can not have but to read labels, read labels and read labels. 
  • I got home just in time to get him laid down before he got past the point of laying down. Josh got home shortly after.
  • I made bread....dairy free, soy free bread. You would think that there is no soy in most breads...well I was wrong I had no idea that the bread we eat had soy in it. So I made a recipe tonight (that is why I am up so late) It looks a little different because it is made with water and not milk but it tasted pretty good and sliced really well. I am excited to try more recipes along the way to find a favorite but for now this will do. I am so glad that it was a success. It was mostly whole wheat and when I have tried my hand at whole wheat before then it has not turned out.
So overall today was a huge success for us. The kids had a great afternoon with Josh being home. They have had a long week since he went back to school but they have done really well.

No comments: