Friday, January 7, 2011

Hello 2011

We have had an okay start to the year this year. We spent New Years with some home school friends which was a wonderful time!

On Saturday I broke my jaw splint...which was NOT a good way to start the new year. I have six more months of wearing it all day/night so I HAVE to get it fixed. So I called Monday and they got me in Tuesday. I had to get re-fitted. Because (just my luck) they could not find my old molds. So I got to endure an hour of the dentist putting nasty gooey stuff in teeth trays to get these molds done...all three of them. As most of you know I have a TON of texture issues and it took a lot for me to get this done without having too many issues. So now I am just waiting for my splint to return and back to wearing it. It really has helped some and sure helps when I get headaches. On a good note...I went to the Dr. for my finger and he said that everything is looking great and that I do not have to use the splint/straps anymore and I do not have to see him again :) YEAH!!!

Josh had to go back to work on Monday however we got a whole week with him home that we surely enjoyed. He got this week off of school and starts back up on Tuesday of this coming week. He is in his last semester of graduate school for his MBA in Finance and MBA in Accounting. It has been a long three years but we are SO happy that is coming to and end. On that note...it was gave me much joy to buy his last book this week. Spending over $500 on books is not my idea of fun.

The kids started back to AWANA and are counting down the days to go back to LIFE. We started back to school also and the kids are doing great. We got new shelves for the school room and I rearranged the desks. So hopefully it will all work out better. I will post pics when it is all done. I am so glad we are homeschooling and that God has blessed us so much and we are able to do so.

Micah's Doctor called this morning and is wanting to run some new tests on him. So we will get those done next week and we will see what our next step is. Please keep him and the Dr.'s in your prayers so they can figure out what is going on with this little guy. He is doing so well in Speech and PT. He loves his therapies and is doing wonderful and making progress every day.

No comments: