Friday, January 14, 2011

Off to the lab

Well, I got the call. I knew deep down that it would be coming one day or another but at least I knew it was coming. Back in Nov one Dr. told us to take dairy out of Micah's diet at much as we could but not 100%. So we did what we could. I thought I was doing a pretty good job. Well, now I have to do an even better job...a 100% job. I can do this...but I am overwhelmed right now, knowing that I have to do this now. Not in a week or two but I have to start tomorrow. I have to make most everything from scratch...I am okay with this ut I just have to get used to being in the kitchen more. Knowing that what I fed him for lunch was not the greatest feeling but I did not know what to feed him. The dietitian said that we need to switch him to a different almond milk and if that does not help then he will be going on to rice and then there is another option but we are hoping that we will not have to go that route. He is now on a 100% Dairy Free, 100% Soy Free and limited sucrose diet. So I am off to the lab to research recipes to make some things that he can eat. Overall it will be better for all of us. If any of you have any ideas I would love them! Any help and prayers that I can get would be awesome!

No comments: