Monday, January 10, 2011

Micah is such a little trooper!

We have been preparing Micah to run some tests (stool samples) for a few weeks now. But have not had any success for the type they wanted. This is great news however they could not run the test so I was getting frustrated. I got a call last Thursday from the Dr. office asking if we were having trouble collecting what that wanted and I told her my frustrations. She said that was fine *thank goodness* and that they wanted me to collect a regular sample from him to run some different tests and to come in and get blood work done...yes you heard that right. I was in panic mode as soon as she said it. I have NOT had to take any of my kids in for blood work. As most of you know Micah does NOT like people touching him. So I knew this was going to be a big problem and dreaded taking him in. So I let it go and figured I would deal with it today and try not to worry about it over the weekend. So today I collected his sample early afternoon and a friend watched the kids and I took Micah in. I prayed all the way there that God would put me at ease and help Micah through this procedure. We get there and run up to the clinic (I took the elevators if that tells you anything and God putting me at ease :) ) We go back down to the main floor and register him for blood work and then head over to the lab. We check in and the lady comes out and said it would be a few minutes. Micah loved playing with those cubes with the wires on top with the beads on the wires. Not sure what they are called. So I take his coat off knowing that if I did not do that before we get in there then he would have issues with taking it off for them. As soon as I take his coat off I realize that I should have put him in short sleeves because I knew he was going to say "shirt on shirt on" as soon as I try to take his arm out. He played for a few more minutes and she calls us back. I talked to him the whole time. I pulled one arm out of his shirt...got by with that. Well I tried the second one and he kept saying "shirt on shirt on" so I quickly put his one arm back in so we did not have a melt down. One of the ladies put a band around his arm as I held him. The other lady held his arm out. They sprayed some cooling spry on his arm. I put his blanket up around his face so he cold not see what they were doing. He said that it was hurting and had a few tears but that was it! No crying, no screaming, nothing but a few brave tears! Oh how proud of him I was. God is so good! We have everything the Dr. asked for now. X-rays, milk labels, sample and blood. Please keep him in your prayers to guide the Dr.'s to figure out what is going on with him. Also, for them to find some answers so we can treat him. He has improved so much since taking dairy out of his diet.

No comments: