Thursday, January 13, 2011

God is good to us!

Well the splint for my jaw broke on new years day...I was thinking...what a way to start this year. So I took it into the Dr. and he said that they would have to replace the whole thing because of how it was broken. I thought great because the last one cost $3000. This is NOT how I wanted to start the year. However he relieved my mind and said that it would only be around $400. Still not what I wanted to pay but MUCH better than the alternative. I was quite excited about the new number. He had to re-due the molds because he could not find my old ones. If anyone has ever had to do these molds...I am sorry. They are one of the worst things. However I have learned to keep my eyes open (the Dr. told me this) because it keeps all your senses open. If you close your eyes then the senses left get stronger...don't want that :) The other trick is to take many long slow breaths so keep calm. The stuff is ooey and gooey and I do not do ooey and gooey well. However this time went better than last so that was good! Well I got a call from the very nice receptionist...we are on a first name basis now. (I do not know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but she is very nice) She told me that my new splint was in and that I needed to come in. So I agreed that today would be the day. She was also a bearer of GREAT news too. She told me that the lab they use was going to cover  the splint for free. God has surely answered my prayers and has blessed me in so many ways with the break of my jaw. It has been amazing! So now that I will be leaving shortly to go to the Dr. I am happy to be getting my splint back in the hopes of my jaw continues to heal and that my headaches go away...but I now God has that covered too! Thanks to all of you who have prayed and continue to pray for our family. It means a whole lot to us.

No comments: