Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In preparation...

As we neared getting closer to Micah's procedures tomorrow the more nervous I became. I new that this day was going to be awful because of the prep. I have dreaded having him on a complete liquid diet. I knew he was going to be hungry all day. I knew he was not going to be patient and because he just wanted to eat. Who wouldn't? I know I was not the nicest when I had to go through this last year. However this little guy is just amazing.

This morning I woke up earlier enough to get Josh off to work but also to eat breakfast before Micah got up. He loves to sneak bites of my toast. :) As soon as he woke up I offered Gatorade...he was like... Okay! He loves Gatorade. All morning he only asked for one thing but I told him he could only have Gatorade and Jello right now and he was okay with that. One up for Micah! So lunch came around and he ate a LOT of Jello. Grandma made him Jello Jelly Beans. He does not care to pick them up with his hands but it more than happy to eat them with a spoon!

Nap time came earlier today than usual because of the prep schedule so it took him a little longer to settle down but I laid down with him and we took a nap. We got some of our Gatorade with medicine in it and he is chugging that stuff down like a sport! He picked out an orange Jello to eat for snack. He is now in between watching his favorite Veggie Tales, eating more Jello and doing his school! Grandma is on her way with Italian Ice and Popsicles!

This little boy has a lot to teach us. God works such amazing things into this little guy. It is just amazing to see Gods work. Micah has always been a happy boy even through all the sickness and tests he has been through. God is so good!

As we prepare for tomorrows procedure I ask for more prayers for Micah and his doctors. Pray that Micah will do great through surgery and his recovery will be great. Pray for the doctors steady hands. Also pray that this procedure will reveal what is going on in Micah's body. We need to be directed down a path of healing.

Thank you so much for everyones love, support and prayers!

1 comment:

Cheripie said...

I will be praying, Michelle! I was just going to ask you for an update on how he was doing and if he'd had his procedures yet. I'll be praying for answers, a speedy recovery, and for you as you wait. <3