Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Soccer Games

Aww...today was the day Joel and Abbey have been waiting for...Their first soccer games of the season and Abbey's first in her life! She was SOOO excited! Well, I was too until I woke up and realized it was raining. But soccer goes on in the rain. We got ready and packed the kids and off to Joel's game in the morning. It sprinkled a little but did not rain on us while we were there at the field. Joel had an amazing game. He got one goal (the last goal of the game) and assisted three. He stood his ground with the other boys and he had his game on. I love watching him play soccer. Their team lost by one point but it was a great game.

We came home to eat lunch then I had to run a few errands and the kids played wii and played with daddy. While I was out I stopped at a moving sale and scored some landscaping supplies we needed. I also go Josh a 'new to him' set of golf clubs. He seems to be doing more and more of this sport with work and his old set is OLD. It is from when he was an early teenager and is pretty short. The guy I bought them off of was very tall and it works great for Josh. The price was right also. I was very excited...I love finding good deals.

Off to Abbey's game we went. They got their jersey's today and their team name they chose is... Black Ninja's. Not may fave but hey they picked it! She is coed at this age. I figured she would just watch a little and figure out how everything was played and mess with her hair and adjust her shirt (All of which she does at practice). However, she surprised us today. She was on the ball! She played so awesome and had two very proud parents! She husseled and kept in the plays. When the ball would get close to the goal she would stand as goalie (they play 3 vs. 3 and no goalie). She blocked several goals by doing this and none of her other teammates would do this. I think she has learned a lot from playing with Joel in the backyard and playing in his games. She was very tired and did a ton of running. I asked her if she liked the game and she said, "I love soccer, it is my very favorite sport. I like it better than baseball." So I think we have another natural soccer playing in the house. Daddy is happy to see this. Micah is next...he is very good at kicking the ball and dribbling it. I loves to play on the sidelines with whoever (Joel or Abbey) is not playing.

I got to sneak off to my room and read for a while today...then Micah decided he needed to come find me. He snoozed next to me for about an hour and then we had to get up and start dinner. We took a walk after dinner and the kids had fun. Joel tried to race me a few times and I beat him both times. He said, "You run faster then people think you can." LOL

I am teaching Beginning Photography to our homeschool group this year. I have been looking over my curriculum all summer but finally sat down and got the lesson ready for Monday. I hope the kids enjoy this class. I am going to ask them what they want to see out of the class this year and hopefully I can try to incorporated most of their ideas also. Wish me luck!

Well I am off for the night...We have a long Sunday ahead of us tomorrow!

No comments: