Here is the poem I wrote and read at her funeral.
Grandma how I loved you so
Now I must say goodbye
I know it is your time to go
Although it’s still not easy
I’ve always admired you
From my beginning to your end
You were courageous and strong
More than anyone I’ve ever known.
You have been through so much
But you kept on going.
You had a life to live
You wanted to watch the children grow.
All of which you adored
We meant so much to you
For this is why you fought.
Even though you were hurting
You have seen us grow
We have watched you in awe
You have been through a lot
But never did you complain
The pain you must have lived with
The strength and love you had
God was always with you
No matter how bad
Your love showed through your pain
As you were always there for us
You kicked us and pulled our hair
But only out of fun
We always played along
Your hands were like silk
Your feet were in pain
We always had a lot of fun
You were saddened that you were not
The grandma you hoped to be
You could not bake cookies and
Play in the park with me
I told you that it was OK
Because you were my grandma
I knew you loved me no matter what
You were always there
In my eyes you were the best Grandma
It seemed as if you always had a job for us
Large or small we did not care
We knew it would help you out
We might have complained just a little
But deep down we knew you couldn’t do much
So we always liked to help
I loved to come and visit
I loved to comb your hair
To take care of you
And get you ready for bed
I loved your smell of lavender
I loved playing “This Little Piggy”
On your feet with missing toes
You happened to be missing the one
That did not get none and the one
That went wee wee wee all the way home
That would always make you smile
You were ornery and feisty
You even gave us a hard time
You always told us how it was
But we always knew you loved us
You had a huge heart and the best of hugs
Even though your were crippled and stiff
You had a very special gift
Now that you are gone
I will miss you
You were a one of a kind, kind of lady
God called you home
May you enjoy your life in Heaven
Happy and pain free
I know Grandpa is there
Awaiting his young lady
Go meet up with everyone
And have a family homecoming
Just wipe away your tears as
Grandma would always say
You loved me while I was here
Hold onto my memories and
Keep me close to your heart
We will meet again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can only hope to be as strong as you one day
I love you Grandma
You will always be in my heart
I have many fond memories of you
I have much admiration for you
For all the love and strength you showed us
Family meant the world to you
And you meant the world to us
I love you Grandma forever and all eternity

No comments:
Post a Comment